Writing Effective Emails (Online)
Date & Time
Registration Closed / Past Event
* This session is being offered in collaboration with the Mitacs Step program. Mitacs Step offers a holistic, inter-disciplinary approach to professional skills development. The workshops that are offered provide practical tools in business, communications, and project management through experiential learning from industry professionals in an interactive environment, arming graduate students for success within or beyond academia.
Access: Multi-day - Can be accessed at any time during Monday, March 6, 2017 to Monday, March 20, 2017 and must be completed within the period.
Estimated Completion Time: Approximately 2 – 3 hours
Gain the confidence to communicate effectively and learn valuable ways to finesse your email etiquette.
Your will learn how to:
- Draft concise emails with clear information and direction
- Use email appropriately within the work environment
Key Topic Areas
- Email etiquette
- Explore appropriate and professional usage
- Understanding your target audience
- Common email mistakes
- Calls to action
- Response time
Registration opens on Monday, February 6 at 9:00am. REGISTRATION FOR THIS EVENT CLOSES MONDAY, FEBRUARY 27, 2017.
Graduate students and postdoctoral fellows from all BC post-secondary institutions are eligible to register. Priority will be given to currently registered UBC graduate students. If you are a non-UBC student or a postdoctoral fellow and would like to register, please send an email to: email@example.com after the registration open date/time stated above. If you do not receive a registration confirmation or waitlist e-mail from firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com within 2 working days of registering we recommend e-mailing us to follow up as this indicates we have not received your registration submission.
Additional access information to the online workshop will be sent 2 business days in advance of the start date.