GPS Event: Professional and Business Effectiveness
Date & Time
Registration Closed / Past Event
This 3.5 hour workshop will help graduate students and postdoctoral fellows to:
- improve their communication and business effectiveness and get better results
- utilize professional business etiquette principles more effectively
- manage meetings more successfully
This program will be highly experiential and will give participants opportunity to practice having purposeful, professional conversations, incorporate professional business etiquette principles into their toolbox and practice how to manage meetings more successfully.
- be more confident expressing a professional conversational signature, including being assertive, while managing power differentials with less stress and more success;
- experience better results and have more impact as they incorporate their conversational signatures into day-to-day conversations and committee meetings as they interact with supervisors, colleagues and the business community;
- be aware of the impacts of not following generally accepted professional business etiquette principles and also the benefit of following professional business etiquette principles; and,
- have more confidence and will experience much better results as they lead, facilitate and manage meetings.
Facilitator: Dene Rossouw is co-founder of AuthenticDialogue.com and TheIdeasEngine.com in Vancouver, specializing in influencing and innovative solutions. He helps his clients have the necessary conversations of leadership and helps organizations innovate by leveraging the power of employee ideas.
Dene is the Past President of the Vancouver chapter of the Canadian Association of Professional Speakers and is a Certified Executive Coach through Royal Roads University. He is a Certified Emotional Intelligence Facilitator and has the Associate Certificate in Workplace Conflict from the Justice Institute of British Columbia. He has a degree in Theology from the University of South Africa.
Registration: Priority will be given to currently registered graduate students. To register, please visit https://www.surveyfeedback.ca/surveys/wsb.dll/s/1g2fa3.
Confirmation of registration will be sent within two working days. If you experience any difficulty using the online registration tool, please email.
Refreshments: Beverages will be provided. Please bring your own mug.
For information on upcoming GPS Events, please visit Graduate and Postdoctoral Studies-Graduate Pathways to Success Program.